
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Squirrel!
While out on our afternoon walk on Friday, Maddie and I came upon a squirrel that was just sitting in the middle of the schoolyard. Of course, I let her sprint toward him, thinking, it’s a squirrel—she’ll never even get close. How wrong I was!! It took every ounce of strength I had to pull her back before she got close enough to do some serious damage. The dumb squirrel just kept running in circles, around and around Maddie and she got closer and closer every time until I saw her going in for what would have been the kill. I ended up having to force her out of the schoolyard, but not before she took off a bit of fur from his backside (no real injury, though!). And at least he lived to tell the tale!!! You can tell in the picture below that he had no fear—I hope he learned the valuable lesson: fatdogs really are faster than squirrels!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment